Summertime bounty

Summertime bounty
This is the day that the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it.

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Sewing and Canning


I have three granddaughters with Easy Bake ovens. Alexa reminded me that her apron didn't fit anymore so she needed a new one. I forgot it had been about 7 years since I had made them aprons they were little girls then!  My oldest granddaughter has outgrown an apron (very sad for this nana) and the youngest one's apron still fits.  So here are the three new aprons.



I also made a  pretty  tie on for the back of my chair in my sewing room.




I have been busy lately canning! I have quite a few pears on our tree, so I made pear preserves and also did some apple jelly. I like to can veggies but I really enjoy canning fruit jellies and preserves!






I hope to make more blog updates but I get so busy I forget. The grandkids keep us busy, we had two birthday parties this Summer and they start over again in January.  But they are growing up so fast I don't want to complain about any time spent with them.

I am looking forward to Fall it's my favorite time of the year. We hope to go camping in October, we enjoy fall camping on the lake. It's so pretty outside and so nice to sit around a fire at night and roast marshmallows.

2 comments:

  1. Nana, was so happy to see your new post.. Missed you.
    The aprons are adorable , Yep. the grandkids keep us busy for sure. Mine are all getting grown [so sad-- miss those fun , small kid days..even though, at time, it is rough.ha].. I just got through making items for Emily's dorm room.. Can't believe , she is in college already..whew...where is the time going?

    I too , canned pear preserves..so good.

    Your chair cover is adorable.. Made me want to get my embroidery machine out.. It has been awhile.
    Happy sewing/canning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, it's nice to hear from you, too! I always think of things I should post, but just don't get around to it. I can't imagine sending a grand away to college yet, but it is just around the corner, my oldest granddaughter will be 14 in March! I am sure enjoying them right now, I have two 10 year olds, one 9 year old, one 7 year old and my 6 year old grandson. They are at a great age, they still want to learn embroidery and sewing from Nana!

    I really enjoy my embroidery machine, it's helps make some fun projects.

    The pears are wonderful this year, I think these are biggest ones we have had on our tree! Hope you enjoy your sewing and canning projects also! I hope to be posting sooner next time.

    ReplyDelete