Summertime bounty

Summertime bounty
This is the day that the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it.

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Making gifts!

 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.  She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.  She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

Proverbs 31:10-31




It is finally feeling like Fall! So I have started decorating, here is the front door.
I have also started on my gifts for Christmas, I usually give the adult children money, but I also like
to include a little handmade item. I have already done some dishtowels and plan on doing some potholders to go with them.  I also found some new linen napkins at the thrift store, a stack of about 40 of them and I bought them to embroider for gifts.  I have also been hand embroidering pillowcases.



These are some of the dishtowels I have been decorating with machine embroidery and also a stack of napkins that I monogramed with a Christmas alphabet.


This is one of the pillowcases I am hand embroidering. I love to do hand embroidery while I am watching television at night. I also embroider when my husband is watching a game, I  get bored! 

My oldest granddaughter found some dragon scale fingerless gloves that she would like me to make for her. I have found a pattern and I think I am going to give them a try, please wish me luck! 



No comments:

Post a Comment