Summertime bounty

Summertime bounty
This is the day that the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

It is very hot outside, so I worked inside today!  I put up 10 half pints of apple jelly!




And I finished a pillow for my youngest granddaughter's birthday in August.  She loves pillows, and she is a little girl with a big attitude!  I thought this saying on her pillow was perfect!



Our garden so far has been good this year.  The Lord blessed us with enough green beans to can 60 quarts. The squash and zucchini are coming off the vine now.  We have pinto beans just waiting to fill out and be picked and peas blooming. The tomatoes are coming along and we've picked some peppers too. It's a busy time of the year!

2 comments:

  1. Jelly looks so pretty.. Do you have apple trees? We have one, that we planted last year.. there are a few apples on it..
    The pillow is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have put out an apple tree but we don't have apples yet. I made the jelly with a recipe I found online using apple juice. My youngest granddaughter loves pillows, I made her mom one and she took it over so now she will have one of her own.

    ReplyDelete