Summertime bounty

Summertime bounty
This is the day that the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Thankful for my grandmothers

Two nights last week after work my husband and I attended Revival at a little country church not far from our house.  As I sat in the church I was flooded with memories of my mother, grandmother and great grandmother who had all attended this small church at one time or another.  I think I had even visited as a child with my mom too when we were here on vacation (my dad was in the military and we always lived away until he retired).  It made so very thankful that I had generations of women behind me who were faithful in taking their families to church!  I hope someday my children will be thankful for that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment